Showing all 2 results
Ambien is a sedative, which is also called a hypnotic that affects chemicals in the brain and treats people with sleep problems insomnia. Ambien is prescribed to the patients to treat insomnia. The consumption of the tablet would help in using the patient fall asleep when he/she first goes to bed. Ambien CR has the first layer, which dissolves quickly and enables you to fall asleep and the second layer dissolves slowly, that assists you to stay asleep for long
Some Important Information to Know about Ambien:
The drug causes a severe allergic reaction, so if you feel the same, stop taking this medicine and get emergency medical help. Besides, if you find difficulty in breathing or swelling of your face, lips, and tongue, you should also stop taking this medicine. Never share this medication with any other person, even if they have the same symptoms. Because you should take the drug only when your doctor prescribes it to you. This drug is not for use in children. Besides, the misuse of this medication can be very harmful, and it can result in dangerous side effects. Never take this drug if you have consumed alcohol as this can be harmful to your health.
Some Rare Side Effects :
Adding up the needed effects, Ambien may also cause some unwanted effects. Although you may find not all of these side effects may occur. If you experience any side effects, you should seek medical attention on an immediate basis. List of some side effects:
- Chest pain, confusion about identity, place, and time
- A false sense of well-being, fast, irregular, pounding
- Fever, the feeling of discomfort or illness, irritability
- Lack of appetite, lightheadedness, loss of interest or pleasure
- Tiredness, trouble concentrating, trouble sleeping
- Unsteadiness, trembling, unusual fatigue or weakness
- Anxiety, bladder pain, bloody or cloudy urine
- Cold sweats, crying, decreased awareness or responsiveness
- Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness
What to Know before taking this medicine :
- Tell your doctor if you are facing the problem of kidney disease or liver disease. So that your doctor can prescribe some other drug that would be beneficial.
- People with lung disease like asthma, bronchitis, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) should not take this medicine
- If you have sleep apnea or myasthenia gravis, you should not take this medicine
- People should not take Ambien with a history of depression, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts.
- If you are pregnant, you should not take this medicine because it can harm your unborn baby. So, your doctor should know if you are pregnant or if you are planning to become pregnant. Zolpidem can also pass into breast milk and can harm a nursing baby. So you should not take this medicine.
Remember, do not give this type of medicine to anyone who is younger than 18 years of age.